U.S. Embassy, Buenos Aires
Vacancy Announcement No. 29/09
December 21, 2009
POSITION: Procurement Assistant – FSN 7
OPENING DATE: December 22, 2009
CLOSING DATE: January 5, 2010
WORK HOURS: Full time; 40 hours/week.
SALARY: Ordinarily resident: FSN-7 on the local compensation scale
NOTE: ALL NOT-ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires is seeking a Procurement Agent to work in the General Services Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent procures a variety of commodities and services within the simplified acquisition threshold for the Embassy and associated Agencies by purchase order, delivery order, blanket purchase agreement, requisition, petty cash and purchase card in compliance with USG acquisition regulations and procedures.
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion. The job knowledge and skills /abilities detailed below are required for the full performance of the job.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- The incumbent must have experience with document classification, filing and related clerical work,
- The incumbent must have two years of progressive experience in procurement and related fields.
- Level IV (fluent) English and Spanish are required.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy. It is contrary to Mission policy to employ more than one local employee ("Foreign Service National" or "FSN") family member, or to employ a close relative of an FSN already employed.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their appointment.
4. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Not Ordinarily Resident employees who are hired with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule are eligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (SF-171, or OF-612); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae indicating education, experience, language level and knowledge according to requirements.
3. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their DD-214 with their application.
4. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Av. Colombia 4300; or
fax to 5777-4201; or email