HUMAN RESOURCES NOTICE
U.S. Embassy, Buenos Aires
U.S. Embassy, Buenos Aires
Vacancy Announcement No.35/10
January 4, 2010
OPEN TO: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
POSITION: Economic Specialist
OPENING DATE: January 4, 2010
CLOSING DATE: January 18, 2010
WORK HOURS: Full time; 40 hours/week.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
• Advise senior mission officers and Washington end-users on developments in Argentina’s economy and economic policy.
• Perform periodic analyses of inflation and Argentine trade flows.
• Prepare reports and cables on macro and microeconomic topics, as requested by Embassy officers and Washington agencies.
• Provide econometric analyzes for economic reports, as requested.
• Develop contacts throughout the government, think tanks, consulting and law firms, academic institutions and industry chambers to facilitate information gathering.
• Prepare or assist in preparing the annual National Trade Estimate report, the annual Special 301 Review report, the periodic Argentine Background notes, the annual Investment Climate Statement, the Country Commercial Guide and updates to macroeconomic reports.
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion. The job knowledge and skills /abilities detailed below are required for the full performance of the job.
- Degree in Economics (Minimum of a Bachelor is required).
- Prior work experience: 7-10 years of applicable experience, preferably some in government.
- Language proficiency: fluency in both Spanish and English, especially in writing English. Level IV for both English and Spanish is the minimum requirement.
- Job knowledge: Economics, econometrics, statistics and Argentine economic history.
- Skills and Abilities: Strong interpersonal skills, ability to explain complex ideas and statistics in fluent, concise English, spoken and especially, written. Oral and written translation English to Spanish, Spanish to English.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. A current resume or curriculum vitae indicating education, experience, language level and knowledge according to requirements;
2. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (SF-171, or OF-612)
3. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their DD-214 with their application.
4. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Av. Colombia 4300; or
fax to 5777-4201; or email
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: 01/18/10